[TO BE PUBLISHED IN PART II, SECTION 3, SUB-SECTION (i) OF THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY]
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
Notification No.4/2017-Union Territory Tax (Rate)
New Delhi, the 28th June, 2017
G.S.R. (E).- In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (3) of section 7 of the Union Territory Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (14 of 2017), the Central Government, on the recommendations of the Council, hereby specifies the supply of goods, the description of which is specified falling under the tariff item, sub-heading, heading or Chapter, as the case may be, as specified in the corresponding entry made by the person as specified in the corresponding entry in respect of which the Union territory tax shall be paid on reverse charge basis by the recipient of the intra-state supply of such goods as specified in the corresponding entry all the provisions of the said Act shall apply to such recipient, namely:-
1. 0801 Cashew nuts, not shelled or peeled Agriculturist Any registered person
2. 1404 90 10 Bidi wrapper leaves (tendu) Agriculturist Any registered person
3. 2401 Tobacco leaves Agriculturist Any registered person
4. 5004 to 5006 Silk yarn Any person who manufactures silk yarn from raw silk or silk worm cocoons for supply of silk yarn Any registered person
5. Supply of lottery. State Government, Union Territory or any local authority Lottery distributor or selling agent.
Explanation.- For the purposes of this entry, lottery distributor or selling agent has the same meaning as assigned to it in clause (c) of Rule 2 of the Lotteries (Regulation) Rules, 2010, made under the provisions of sub
2 section 1 of section 11 of the Lotteries (Regulations) Act, 1998 (17 of 1998).
(1) In this Table, “tariff item”, “sub-heading”, “heading” and “Chapter” shall mean respectively a tariff item, sub-heading, heading or chapter, as specified in the First Schedule to the Customs Tariff Act, 1975 (51 of 1975).
(2) The rules for the interpretation of the First Schedule to the said Customs Tariff Act, 1975, including the Section and Chapter Notes and the General Explanatory Notes of the First Schedule shall, so far as may be, apply to the interpretation of this notification.
2. This notification shall come into force with effect from the 1st day of July, 2017.
Under Secretary to the Government of India