[TO BE PUBLISHED IN PART II, SECTION 3, SUB-SECTION (i) OF THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY]
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
Notification No.5/2017-Union Territory Tax (Rate)
New Delhi, the 28th June, 2017
G.S.R. (E).- In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (ii) of the proviso to sub-section (3) of section 54 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (12 of 2017) read with section 21 of the Union Territory Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (14 of 2017) the Central Government, on the recommendations of the Council, hereby notifies the goods, the description of which is specified in falling under the tariff item, heading, sub-heading or Chapter, as the case may be, as specified in the corresponding entry in respect of which no refund of unutilised input tax credit shall be allowed, where the credit has accumulated on account of rate of tax on inputs being higher than the rate of tax on the output supplies of such goods (other than nil rated or fully exempt supplies).
1. 5007 Woven fabrics of silk or of silk waste
2. 5111 to 5113 Woven fabrics of wool or of animal hair
3. 5208 to 5212 Woven fabrics of cotton
4. 5309 to 5311 Woven fabrics of other vegetable textile fibres, paper yarn
5. 5407, 5408 Woven fabrics of manmade textile materials
6. 5512 to 5516 Woven fabrics of manmade staple fibres
7. 60 Knitted or crocheted fabrics [All goods]
8. 8601 Rail locomotives powered from an external source of electricity or by electric accumulators
9. 8602 Other rail locomotives; locomotive tenders; such as Diesel-electric locomotives, Steam locomotives and tenders thereof
10. 8603 Self-propelled railway or tramway coaches, vans and trucks, other than those of heading 8604
11. 8604 Railway or tramway maintenance or service vehicles, whether or not self-propelled (for example, workshops, cranes, ballast tampers, trackliners, testing coaches and track inspection vehicles)
12. 8605 Railway or tramway passenger coaches, not self-propelled; luggage vans, post office coaches and other special purpose railway or tramway coaches, not self-propelled (excluding those of heading 8604)
13. 8606 Railway or tramway goods vans and wagons, not self-propelled
14. 8607 Parts of railway or tramway locomotives or rolling-stock; such as Bogies, bissel-bogies, axles and wheels, and parts thereof
15. 8608 Railway or tramway track fixtures and fittings; mechanical (including electro-mechanical) signalling, safety or traffic control equipment for railways, tramways, roads, inland waterways, parking facilities, port installations or airfields; parts of the foregoing
(1) “tariff item”, “sub-heading”, “heading” and “Chapter” shall mean respectively a tariff item, sub-heading, heading or chapter, as specified in the First Schedule to the Customs Tariff Act, 1975 (51 of 1975).
(2) The rules for the interpretation of the First Schedule to the said Customs Tariff Act, 1975, including the Section and Chapter Notes and the General Explanatory Notes of the First Schedule shall, so far as may be, apply to the interpretation of this notification.
2. This notification shall come into force with effect from the 1st day of July, 2017.
Under Secretary to the Government of India