[TO BE PUBLISHED IN PART II, SECTION 3, SUB-SECTION (i) OF THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY]
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
Notification No.7/2017-Integrated Tax (Rate)
New Delhi, the 28th June, 2017
G.S.R. (E).- In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 6 of the Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (13 of 2017), the Central Government, on being satisfied that it is necessary in the public interest so to do, on the recommendations of the Council, hereby exempts, the inward supplies of goods, the description of which is specified in the below, falling under the tariff item, sub-heading, heading or Chapter, as the case may be, as specified in the corresponding entry, from the whole of the integrated tax leviable thereon under section 5 of the Integrated Good and Services Tax Act, 2017 (13 of 2017), namely:-
1. Any chapter The supply of goods by the CSD to the Unit Run Canteens
2. Any chapter The supply of goods by the CSD to the authorized customers
3. Any chapter The supply of goods by the Unit Run Canteens to the authorized customers
(1) In this notification, “tariff item”, “sub-heading” “heading” and “Chapter” shall mean respectively a tariff item, heading, sub-heading and Chapter as specified in the First Schedule to the Customs Tariff Act, 1975 (51 of 1975).
(2) The rules for the interpretation of the First Schedule to the said Customs Tariff Act, 1975, including the Section and Chapter Notes and the General Explanatory Notes of the First Schedule shall, so far as may be, apply to the interpretation of this notification.
2. This notification shall come into force with effect from the 1st day of July, 2017.
Under Secretary to the Government of India