1. Blocking of EWB generation facility: Blocking/unblocking of EWB generation facility has been implemented on EWB Portal from 2nd December, 2019.
a. Meaning of blocking: The blocking of E Way Bill generation facility means disabling taxpayer from generating E Way Bill (EWB), in case of non-filing of 2 or more consecutive GSTR 3B Return on GST Portal.
b. Example: Taxpayers who have not filed their GSTR-3B return for the months of September 2019 and October 2019, their EWB generation facility is blocked from 2nd December, 2019.
For GSTINs whose EWB generation facility is blocked, EWB can’t be generated either by the taxpayer or by their counterparty (whether as supplier or recipient) or the transporter.
2. Effect on already generated EWB: In case of blocked GSTINs, EWBs already generated and facilities in respect of these EWBs such as updating the vehicle or transporter details or extending the validity of EWB will not be impacted.
3. Unblocking of EWB generation facility: The EWB generation facility would be automatically unblocked in the event of filing of their GSTR 3B return for the default period(s), reducing the default period to less than 2 consecutive tax periods. The blocking will be automatically lifted on the EWB system next day.
a. Immediate updation of Status at EWB Portal: For immediate updation of the status the taxpayer can go to the EWB portal and select the option “Search Update Block Status”, enter their GSTIN and use Update Option to get themselves unblocked on GST portal, provided GSTR-3B return has already been filed for the default period(s).
4. Unblocking by Tax Official: EWB generation facility can also be restored by the jurisdictional tax official on basis of manual representation by a taxpayer. The tax officials will issue a speaking order on GST Portal, for accepting or rejecting such requests of the taxpayers. In case he accepts the request, the facility will get restored.
5. Effect on Transporter registered on EWB Portal: Transporters enrolled in EWB Portal, but not registered on GST portal will not be impacted. However, the transporters registered on GST Portal, if blocked on non-filing of two or more GSTR 3B returns, cannot use their GSTIN as Consignor, Consignee or transporter to generate EWB and update transporter details.
6. Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ can be accessed via link https://tutorial.gst.gov.in/userguide/returns/index.htm#t=FAQs_unblockingewaybill.htm
Click here to download :
Government has made some changes in the forms of Annual Return (GSTR-9) and the Reconciliation Statement (GSTR-9C) vide Notification No. 56/2019 dated 14.11.2019.
These changes do not impact the current tools required for preparation and filing of GSTR-9 and GSTR-9A for the financial year 2017-18. For GSTR-9C, some changes are required in the offline tool and online which is under development and is likely to made available by 21st December, 2019.